Students, Parents and Staff Section
This section is for the Mitsui Gardens International Preschool members only. Password authorization is required in all pages. If you are already a member and don’t have your password access, please contact the office.
Position Vacancy: Preschool Assistant Teacher, EWA – Mitsui Gardens International
- Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
2. EWA will not sponsor work visas in Japan. Candidates must have or be able to obtain a residency permit that allows sufficient work privilege.
- This position is not a U.S. Federal Government position.
EWA is seeking a team member who works toward achieving the school’s philosophy and objectives. The person selected for this position will work under the Head Teacher providing supervision and management of the assigned class and establishing a warm, nurturing environment in which children can grow emotionally, socially and intellectually, in accordance with established program and policies of EWA.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- Education: Degree/Certificate in Early Childhood Education is preferred. Work experience may substitute for formal education. Child/Adult CPR and First Aid Certification required prior to work start.
- Prior Work Experience: Experience in a preschool or child care capacity is a plus.
- Language Proficiency: Native English speaker preferred.
- Knowledge: Must relate well to children, be warm, friendly and nurturing, and have basic knowledge of current best practices and developmentally appropriate curriculum for preschoolers.
- Skills and Abilities: Ability to communicate with staff, children and parents with a professional attitude. Must be able to manage small groups of children in a positive manner.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
- When equally qualified, Eligible Family Members (EFM) will be given preference.
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE:
- A current resume or a curriculum vita that provides details of qualifications.
- Any other documentation (e.g. test scores, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that address the qualification requirements.
- Photo identification issued through the Government of Japan showing nationality. Non Japanese citizens must provide copy of valid passport with appropriate visa allowing work in Japan, and Foreign Registration card. Originals will be required if selected.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
American Embassy, Tokyo
Employees Welfare Association FAX: 03-3224-6788
Attn: Ms. Marika Yamaura E-Mail: email@example.com
10-5, Akasaka 1-Chome
Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-8420